Sunday, 20 November 2011

Astrology of Now: Mars in Virgo = The Big Clean Up

I have been down at the bottom of the garden this week, turning my compost, mulching the autumn leaves, sawing up wood, stacking old flowerpots and sharpening blades. It's creating a surprising amount of room under the laurel trees.

The action planet Mars has gone into Virgo, the sign of order and routine, and created a beautiful grand trine in the earth signs. Pluto (decay and transformation: compost) is in Capricorn (the soil) and Jupiter (more room) is in Taurus (the garden).

I feel satisfied.

Mars is usually in a sign for about two and a half months, but he's going to be hanging around in Virgo for about half a year, so we, all of us, better get used to this particular energy.

Interestingly, this transit is especially going to effect Gen X born in the 1960s with Uranus-Pluto in Virgo – in fact the last Uranus-Pluto crisis before the one we are currently experiencing.



And already I'm not the only one engaged in a big clean up. The Occupy movement got the brunt of this earth grand trine as soon as Mars changed signs.

Mars always represents the army and the police. The reason given for the removal of the protesters in Zucotti Square was "health and safety", two words very dear to the Virgo heart.

The Egyptians in Tahrir Square last night also got a taste of how Mars works when it has the full backing of power-planets Pluto and Jupiter. Things could get quite brutal as Mars in Virgo does what it sees as its "duty". This is a classic placement for "I was just following orders".

10 comments:

  1. Where does sociopathy fit into it, I wonder? The Oakland PD released a "Letter to the Community" so breathtakingly free of any sense of having done anything wrong, ever ever, and just wanting a day off like anyone else but we had to go to work (clubbing peaceful youngsters and poisoning & torturing citizens), that it makes my stomach turn to recall its smug & faintly whiny tone.

    The spineless response to the nationwide police brutality -- while Obama, without turning a hair, chides Egypt for doing exactly the same thing, only in fewer places -- is utterly bewildering to me. Denial is one thing, but this is ridiculous. It's like the brakes are off on a frictionless downhill slide.

    On a lighter note -- I have been craving a garden. Best I can do on a boat is grow some sprouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It strikes me that the new Italian government of technocrats is part of the big clean up.

    I think opposition groups need to keep organised and determined and, yes, clean.

    Also, Burma is having something of a cleansing of its armed forces if we are to believe what we read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realised yesterday that my moon progressed into Virgo the same day as Mars. I have Virgo in the 12th house and always find physical cleaning and tidying keeps me ordered spiritually, if you see what I mean.

    I'm loving all this earth, haven't had a blow out at all this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew - that's a big shift Leo to Virgo.

    @Isy - I envy your boat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mars will be conjunct my natal Mars. Any help on what that might mean is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anon - you'll get a Mars Return like this every two and a half years, so check back and see how it worked for you previously.

    Of course, the flavour of this Mars transit is different because of the disposition of the rest of the planets - and (depending on where your Mars is) you may get Mars forward, then retrograde, then forward again. So you'll get a real feel for the Martial energy this time.

    Without the rest of the chart, it's hard to tell how things will unfold exactly, but there are a couple of obvious things to point out. Mars is physical - could be a time to get into shape (but be careful of overdoing it). Mars is dynamic - good time to start and complete a project. Often Mars just starts stuff off, but in this case you could find you have the energy all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The much needed earth energy in my chart is being helpful. Really feeling mars in virgo: lot's of things to do and detail oriented (annoying but effective...) Like you say, once is done is so satisfying. It gets me a bit anxious because it squares my natal mars though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. .. and anxiety is the realm of Virgo! Keep your chin up; this is an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it's being quite good. Gives an energy boost to get a lot done, and 'plan in advance' in that virgo fashion, soothing the anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah - no wonder I have been cleaning and cleaning with a vengeance and commitment that is uncommon to me.

    I call it The Great Bedroom Renovation. It involves shelves and pegboard (lots of pegboard) and I'm doing it all by myself.

    ReplyDelete