Thursday, 23 February 2012

Astrology of Now: Imagination


"What if you had a really big seed and you could draw on it and if you planted it, your drawing would grow into a real thing?"

"What would you draw?"

"A kitten."

Neptune (imagination) is squaring my six-year-old's Mercury in Gemini (story-telling) from the 5th House of play. The flood gates seem to be wide open and ideas are just pouring into her mind and out of her mouth.

And then I remembered Tom Hare's work at Kew.

Giant sycamore seed sculpted in willow by Tom Hare.
Children are not mine.

5 comments:

  1. LOL

    I love this! My son is a 2' Pisces and the day Neptune went into Pisces he announced he's going to be an artist when he grows up (he's 10).

    Up till now he was going to be an 'inventor'- Neptune was going over his Aquarius stellium.

    Kids are a great way to learn astrology, their responses to what they're processing are so true, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seed idea is brilliant!
    My sister has mercury in virgo in 5th squaring neptune and she used to create those beautiful (or funny) stories, I would make the the drawings sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Opal - yes I understand some ways of being so much better. I feel lucky that both my children and my partner all have different Sun signs and Moon signs - with (nearly) no crossover!

    @Sabrina - that is such a fiction writer's signature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PS Opal - your son's change of career choice is so perfect - don't you love really straight astrology like that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is brilliant! (That's all.)

    ReplyDelete