Mercury, which rules thought and communication, is currently in practical Taurus. This is good for everybody, because it means we have a real chance to get a few things done. You have until May 24, when we return to just talking about everything a lot.
Mercury rules the hands, so do any tasks that require craftsmanship, skill and a sense of harmony now. Mercury is also about commerce, thinking. Taurus is about banking and saving, of course, but also about making things real, and ruled by Venus, Taurus is about art.
The motto for this week is: Make Do and Mend
2. Plant your lettuces (anything to do with gardens)
3. Knit a (small) sweater
4. Solve the Euro-crisis (between mending the garden fence and whipping up a trifle, OK.)
5. Bake a fancy cake
6. Balance your own budget. (I'm serious, if you can stand it.)
7. Cook a fabulous gourmet meal and then eat it in bed (with a lover preferably, but, hey, on you own if you must.)
8. Stick your hands in a huge mound of clay and get creative
9. Fix just about anything around the house
10. Solve, in a rational, logical way, some problem that has been gnawing at you.
Now the reason I'm writing this post today is because Mercury has incredibly powerful support at the moment – from the two most macho planets in the solar system, Mars and Pluto. They are also in Earth signs and in a perfect harmonious angle. Mars, the planet of action, is in crafty Virgo, again suggesting that detailed work should go well right now.
As you know, Pluto, power, is in Capricorn for years, but he's not always going to get this kind of support from the fleeter planets, so if there's an issue around power in your life, you could talk about it and reach a practical solution this week.)
Working together, these Mars, Mercury and Pluto can really help you get things done over the next few days.
Main pic: This is a 19th century soldier's quilt from the Museum of American Folk Art.